The biggest purchase you will likely ever make is buying a home. Yet what should be one of the most joyous moments of your life can quickly turn sour if it is not done properly.
There are so many traps and pitfalls when buying real estate it can be a real minefield to navigate. One false step and you can leave yourself out of pocket thousands of dollars, or worse, penniless.
The selling price and mortgage aren’t the only things to consider when buying a house. Have you considered these:
· Does the seller have the right to sell the house?
· Is there any other person that has a claim on the house you are buying?
· Are there any Mortgages or Caveats lodged on the title of the house?
· Is there a covenant on the land that prevents you from doing certain things?
· Is the land correctly zoned?
· Have all approvals and certificates been obtained to ensure the building, wiring and plumbing are up to standard?
· Does the pool fence comply with the law?
· Are there any easements running over the property?
· Are the fences built on the correct fence line?
· Does any government department intend to compulsorily acquire all or part of the land?
· Is the local council or VicRoads about to widen the street and take some of your property?
· Is it in a flood zone? Is it in a bushfire zone?
· Does the Historical Buildings Register have an interest in the property?
· Are there any disputes with the neighbours that will affect the property?
Only a solicitor can advise, deal with and represent you in all aspects of the conveyancing process.
At Hilton-Wood Solicitors all our conveyancing work is under the supervision of a solicitor, and you will receive the prompt and professional service you would expect.
Our Conveyancing Fees